New year, new me. So cliche. So basic. I used to laugh at people who said that. And yet, we are only six days into the new year and I’ve probably said it twelve times. 🙂 It’s not that the new year is an excuse to change, but it’s a fresh start, a way to leave everything from the previous year behind and start again.
(post contains affiliate links, see disclosure)
One of my goals for this year is to get a little more personal here on the blog and social media. Sometimes, the “online” life can give this illusion of everything perfect and put together. Well that’s not me. I’ve always separated life from the blog. I’m not sure if it’s because my day job is still my main income and major focus for me or that I don’t consider myself a full-time blogger. I always thought I would get more personal when I became that full time blogger I dream about being. But, why should I wait? What’s stopping me?
Last year, when I asked you guys to participate in a blog survey, which was so awesome and helpful, I had a few readers asking for more fashion, personal, and lifestyle blog posts. While I didn’t feel the need to dedicate a whole section of the blog to that part of my life, there are times I wanna share some awesome jeans I found on sale, my new favorite eye shadow, or a new movie on Netflix.
So, I decided to create a series on the blog for all that random stuff – Friday Favorites. I’ll be sharing anything and everything from my week – from what’s going on in our lives, a fabulous Pin I found, or an inspiring book.
FAVS FROM THIS WEEK:
- You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero – I’ve been listening to the audiobook (for the second time) & its a great way to get motivated for the new year.
- Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life – I watched the documentary on Netflix, and I’ll be listening to the audio book too! Why do we need all those material items?
- The Salvation Army – did you know they pick up your stuff? This week they came and loaded a whole truck of items from our house. I donated furniture, decor items, clothes, etc. It felt so good to get rid of it all!
- Digital Planners – this planner from Saffron Avenue is so fun. I got the iPad Pro for Christmas and I use these daily planners to make my digital to-do list. 🙂
- PiYo – getting my fitness back on track & I’ve always loved Chalene Johnson. I tried this a couple years ago but didn’t stick with it…so I’m trying it again!
I’m hoping these little personal updates can be fun for me & for you, my readers. Maybe it will give you more of an insight into my life and we can get to know each other a little better!